St Michael's All Airborne Chapter
82nd Airborne Division Association
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
St Michael is the Patron Saint of Paratroopers, thus our charter in the spirit of St Michael is to assist:
- Wounded, disabled (physically and mental challenges), transitioning, homeless, jobless, and other paratroopers and their families who are in-need.
Provide Help to Paratrooper Veterans and Families:
- Financial Assistance
- Possible assistance with Bills
- Help with the Veterans Administration
- Grief Counseling
- Morale enhancing programs: teaching disabled veterans to fly fish (for example); taking disabled veterans motorcycle riding, and other activities
- Other assistance as determined by the Chapter members
Publicize the history and achievements of the 82nd Airborne Division and all other airborne units with the local communities, assisting in such events as Veterans Day, Armed Services Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, and other patriotic holidays and events in Western North Carolina.
Perpetuate the memory of airborne troopers who have died in the service of our country representing the 82nd Airborne Division Association at the funerals of all 82nd paratroopers from Western NC who are Killed in Action or die on active duty.
Like all Veterans organizations, we also stand ready to assist and defend those in need and defend a free way of life.